the four walls
An important part of life at Walgrave is the opportunity to experience a whole range of activities outside of the classroom. Your child will have the chance to experience many after school clubs and activities as well as many other extra-curricular events—designed to suit all tastes and interests.
- In 2010 an Early Years Foundation Stage wild area was developed to extend opportunities for our youngest children to take their learning outside the classroom walls. In 2014 we added artificial grass to this area to ensure learning can take place outdoors all year round.
- At least two school trips are organised per academic year for each child.
- Our Year 6 children run their own businesses to raise money for local charities.
- Year 3 & 4 children take a residential trip to Grendon and Year 5 & 6 children enjoy a adventure weekend at PGL in Lincolnshire
- And in 2010 the whole school celebrated our CENTENARY.
All of our children take part in fortnightly 'Forest Schools' sessions. These take place in the wilad are to the rear of the school or the local woodlands. Through the activities taught, the children learn independence, problem solving and team work skills and a great deal about the woodland environment.
Recent sessions have included:
- Den making for fictional monsters!
- Tree identification based on keys and observations
- The safe use of tools including saws and whittling knives
- Fire safety and management
Your child will have the opportunity to take part in:
Your child will benefit from school clubs throughout the school year. These vary seasonally to keep them fresh and interesting.
- Freestyle Football
- Hotshots Basketball
- Sketch Club
- Bike Ability
- Good News Bible Club
And the list keeps changing as the school extends its links with the wider community.
Your child will also get the opportunity to learn a musical instrument as the following services are also provided:
To enroll your child into music lesson please contact the school office. Subsidies to the cost of music tuition are available, please speak to us to find out more.